Tuesday, January 25, 2011

“HUH?”

Chemo went pretty well today.  I was able to get a lot of shopping done in about 2 hours.  I love clearance tags.  I have no idea what I will be doing with the items but it’s so great to save money.  I love when they tell you, “You saved $27.96 today”, and you only went in to buy 3 items which should have cost under $5.00.  I’m sure that many people will love what I bought.  Even picked up some great “White Elephants” gifts for next year.  Invite me to your Christmas party and you will have a good laugh.  I was also able to stand in the card section and read many very crazy cards.  It is very therapeutic, you should try it sometime.  It has saved a lot of money on therapist and medicines.  If I didn’t go and read the cards and have a good laugh once in a while it would get pretty rough on the whole family.  One of the cards I read said, “HUH?”  On the front, the inside read…and that concludes our lesson in male conversation skills 101.  I laughed so hard I almost wet my pants.

Oh, as I was saying, Chemo went very well today.  They gave Craig a double dose of nausea medicine.  So far it has been working very well, but then we have just been home 2 hours, but so far so good.  Remember, we always try to look on the bright side.  He has been getting out almost every day for a little walk.  He hasn’t gotten any cramps, (oops I almost typed craps, instead of cramps, and I guess that would have been correct too), like last week yet so I think it is going very good.   When they weighed him today he stayed even at 164 lbs.  We did a little happy dance.  His blood pressure was a little low, but they aren’t worried about that.  We were able to sit and visit with some friends, Matt and Jodi King.  Matt was getting some fluids to pump him up.  Jodi said he starts to look like a plant that needs watering.  He is going through pancreatic cancer.  McKaye and their daughter Courtney have been friends since elementary school.  They are at different high schools now but still try to keep in contact at least through face book.  They are a wonderful family and our love and prayers continue to go out to them.  It is good to be able to talk to someone that you have known for a long time that knows exactly what is going on in your head.  We ran into them on our very first visit for chemo and just hugged each other, and were amazed that we were meeting up at such a dreadful place.  We really look forward to meeting up maybe for dinner or a baseball game, somewhere that doesn’t mean that you have cancer. 

Crazy - the road that life takes us down sometimes.  I have said before that I never thought I would ever see the inside of an Oncologist office, or everything else that we have seen and been involved with.  I am just glad that there are tremendous doctors, medicine and treatments that give us hope.  We know that there will continue to be many ups and downs.  We feel good that lately we have had more ups than downs, and we will hold on to them tightly.  Craig just said that he feels just slightly off kilter, and we can go with that.  


P.S.  Check out Craig's twin, Dallin.

3 comments:

  1. Your family is awesome!! That last picture pretty much brought tears to my eyes. I love it! So glad to hear that the chemo went well:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so proud of you Dallin for actually cutting all your hair off. What about the girls? You both look great!! Craig I hear that you had a great weekend, getting to the temple and to church. That is awesome! Love you and pray for you everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love the picture. You guys are amazing, love you so much!

    ReplyDelete